Information We Collect and use
In order to provide Services, we require certain user information and may obtain the same through user-provided data or automatic data collection.
- We collect information that may be used to identify you or your Child (“Personal Information”) including, but not limited to, (i) name, e-mail ID, photograph, location and other contact information (ii) gender and other demographics (iii) birth date and year of the Child to validate their age.
- We also collect certain information either when you provide it using the Platform or Services and/or automatically as you or the Child navigate through the Platform (which may include usage details, IP address, device ID and type, your browser type and language, the operating system used by the device, access times, and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies). You agree that we may use such information to do internal research on our Users’ demographics to better understand, protect and serve our Users.
- If any of the Users allows us to collect information from his or her device phonebook—and you or the Child’s are one of that User’s contacts—we may combine the information we collect from that User’s phonebook with other information we have collected about you. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with the information we collect through the Platform.
- We use data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain pages of the Platform to help analyse our web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. Cookies are small files placed on your hard drive that assist us in providing our Services. We offer certain features that are only available using a cookie. Cookies can also help us provide information that is targeted to your interests.
- Online training sessions are recorded and used for quality audits and teacher training.
- Users shall grant the Company a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license for content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP License). This IP License shall end when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period (but will not be available to others).
We or our third party partners may use “cookies” (a small text file is sent to your browser) to store and track information about you when you visit CodeTots. The cookie is used to track information such as number of users, frequency of visit, profile of users and their preferred sites. Though we can track when you visit our sites and which pages you visit, it can read data from the hard disk of your computer. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Third party tools
Third party tools on our website may collect details such as email ID when you chat with us on our website. We may also use third party web analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect your visit statistics.
When accessing CodeTots your IP Address may be recognised by CodeTots and our third party partner tools and stored in our server with details such as time of visit and pages visited. This data helps us to administer our website effectively and serve you better.
We always strive to keep your Personal Information safe, we have been taking many safety measures, including:
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Safety in the operating environment: we store your Personal Information in a safe operating environment and it can only be accessed by employees, representatives and service providers on a need-to-use basis. We comply with industry standards and the law to protect your Personal Information.
- The payment information: confidentiality according to industry standards.
- We strictly limit the Personal Information that is publicly viewable about a User who is known by us to be a Child. When a Child posts a review or comment on the Platform, only the Child’s age & name is posted, along with the content of the Child’s posting. Although the Child may create a profile for his/her account, no portion of the Child’s profile other than the Child’s age and name is publicly viewable. For posting the child accomplishments (project work) on social media a separate parental consent is sought. The posting includes Name, Age, School, City, Picture and key project details.
Rights to Your Personal Information
- You have the right to provide Personal Information to us and may change that decision at any time.
- You have the right to check, update and adjust your Personal Information by logging into your account and editing personal information or asking us to do this.
- You may also delete yours or your Child’s information at any time on the Platform. However, we may retain certain information as required by law or for reasonable business purposes
- To sum up, you have the right to access, update, delete, rectify, object or restrict the Personal Information we have on you.
Please contact help@codetots. if you have any enquiries on our data protection policies.